CEO of Friends First Tom Browne on his experience with #Time2Read
Friends First has partnered with the school Scoil Cholmchille JNS since September 2014.Tom Browne, CEO, Friends First shares his take on the partnership:
Benefit to the business:
- 10 members of our company are now closer to their colleagues who participated on the programme. From the time spent together on the programme there will be benefits back in the office from improved team-working, approachability / removal of barriers etc.
- Employees are given a reason to be proud about the organisation they work for and they are given the internal support that allows them to participate in something they see as valuable.
My own experience is that the Time to Read programme and all of the other CSR activities we undertake crop up almost as regularly now in conversation with people external to Friends First as normal business issues. The Time to Read programme is different and newsworthy, unlike say charitable donations, people always want to hear more about it.
From a personal perspective:
- Opportunity to meet colleagues in a different non-business environment helps hugely with interactions back in a work setting
- First-hand experience of the difference that (non-financial) CSR activities can make
- My participation in this activity allows me to champion CSR activities within Friends First to a greater extent.
- The sessions each Wednesday in the school have been very rewarding personally in terms of seeing the progress being made by Noah and Alex. It lifts the spirit and energy levels!
Time to Read is the perfect employee engagement initiative for your business. To sign up or to find out more contact Germaine Noonan on 086 816 0448 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show support of children’s literacy on Social Media
What’s your favourite childhood book? #Time2Read #favechildhoodbook Help us raise awareness of the programme and show your support to improve children’s literacy by sharing on your social media networks your favourite childhood book using the hashtags #Time2Read #favechildhoodbook