Want to help us make Ireland the most responsible place to do business?
02.08.13 We are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Membership Services Team
Corporate Responsibility Consultant 1 year fixed term contract
Salary circa €40 – €45k
Business in the Community Ireland is a movement of companies with the following principles:
- Responsible and sustainable business practice is an integral part of business excellence and will shape how business behaves
- For Ireland to remain prosperous and competitive, business needs to continually improve its positive impact on the workplace, marketplace, community and the environment
- Business competitiveness requires and is underpinned by a cohesive and inclusive society
We are looking for a senior professional who believes and understands these principles and the business case underlying corporate responsibility.
Reporting to the Manager of the Membership Services Team, and working as part of this team, the person will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and assistance to a portfolio of companies to embed corporate responsibility and sustainability across all disciplines and help drive a process of continuous improvement and business change
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders including potential members, government, academia and NGOs, and representing the organisation in external forums
- Designing and delivering strategic projects with network members and various stakeholders
- Developing research and thought leadership to support the network’s evolution
- Organising network events and activities to increase knowledge and showcase best practice
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced person to join our team.
- Relevant third level degree
- Minimum of five years work experience in a similar role or significant business experience
- Knowledge of corporate responsibility and sustainability as applied in large businesses
- Experience in account management and client relationship management in a consulting role
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, research and writing skills
- Knowledge of Irish business and a keen interest in economic development issues
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a small dynamic team with multiple tasks and deadlines
- Client-driven attitude and professional demeanour
- Experience in corporate responsibility/sustainability reporting and communications including application of the GRI guidelines or other relevant standards
- Knowledge of sustainable procurement principles and best practice
- Awareness of stakeholder engagement processes
- Understanding of environmental management issues in the context of business development
- Experience in event management
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration for similar positions in the non-profit sector
- Opportunity to grow within the organisation for the right person
- Proactive approach to learning and development
- Employer supported contribution to PRSA scheme
- TaxSaver commuter ticket scheme to obtain tax free travel for rail and bus
- Cycle allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Working in a cutting edge values-based organisation leading the agenda for business transformation in Ireland
If interested in this challenging and dynamic position, we would like to hear from you. Applicants should be legally entitled to work in the EU.
For a full job description please click here.
For further information please contact Emma Bradley on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 874 7232.
Applicants should submit their CV and an introductory note stating their motivations for applying to this position by email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on August 22nd 2013. Initial interviews for this position will take place on Wednesday, August 28th and Thursday, August 29th.