Job Description Business Action on Education
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
- Recruit companies for the Schools’ Business Partnership as needed (none required at present);
- To promote all programmes to all participants to ensure growth and expansion of initiative;
- To lead and facilitate the existing partnerships between schools and companies in the region and provide a high standard of support service to ensure that each partnership is of the highest quality;
- Liaise with school and company coordinators and the school principal;
- Facilitate schools and companies in planning the annual programme and all its elements/sessions;
- To utilise existing resources as efficiently as possible to meet programme objectives;
- Oversee the evaluation process and ensure schools and companies complete the evaluations in a timely fashion
- To contribute to the development of the delivery plan for programmes and implement accordingly;
- To prepare and implement an annual personal action & development plan;
- To assist the Programme Coordinators and SBP Manager in evaluating the programmes on an ongoing basis;
- To feed back the evaluation outcomes to companies and schools in the region with a view to ongoing development in each link.
- Create and maintain regional files on company server (H Drive) for each partnership and ensure records are updated regularly; to maintain STARS (CRM system) up to date at all times to ensure accurate and timely information and communications.
- To manage expectations of companies and schools in your region;
- To provide a professional service to all companies and schools in line with the team’s Standards Charter;
- To effectively communicate relevant, accurate and timely information to Manager, Programme Coordinators, Administrative Assistants and the SBP team as per the SBP annual communications plans;
- To use IT as a cost effective method of communication, continuously updating and improving your skills.
- To contribute to establishing best practice in the work of SBP;
- To liaise with BITC staff, especially those working in your region and to be familiar with BITC programmes and events
- To be familiar with current developments in the Education sector
- To research and support new programme developments
- To effectively promote and publicise SBP through local press and/or radio
- To actively contribute to a healthy, safe, secure and productive working environment
- To actively promote equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practice, diversity, individual rights and choice in all aspects of your work.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge:
Education/ Qualification/ Knowledge
- Leaving Certificate with a minimum of 7 years experience working in a Business or Education environment, or:
Graduate with a minimum of 4 years working in a Business or Education environment;
- Broad understanding of business operations (Sales and Marketing, Finance, HR, IT);
- Knowledge of Irish business landscape.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Experience of managing relationships with senior executives and delivering presentations to a high level audience;
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations/ facilitating relationships of parties in a partnership scenario.
- Experience of Project Management
Skills/ Personal Attributes
- Time Management
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills
Desired Qualifications and Knowledge:
- CRM Database (MS Dynamics or similar)
- Train the Trainer qualification/ experience of delivering training
- Literacy enhancement and or reading support for children
- Experience of programme evaluation and impact assessment
- Social media experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via email to Germaine Noonan firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday May 23rd @ 5pm.
Business in the Community Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff. Business in the Community Ireland has a policy of interviewing candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.