New Survey of Consumer Attitudes towards Corporate Responsibility 2012
We are delighted to announce the publication of the BITCI/Ipsos MRBI Report of the Survey of Consumer Attitudes towards Corporate Responsibility 2012.
- Being open & honest and customer service are the most important factors to consumers in Ireland, when making a judgment about a company.
- Value for money is of significant important to consumers in the current economic climate.
- 75% of consumers believe it is more important that companies show a high degree of responsibility in difficult economic times.
- 54% of consumers in Ireland are unable to name one company involved in their community.
- For the 36% of consumers that can, they would prefer to learn about company efforts via TV & Radio, the local and national press and via social media (for younger age-groups).
According to the findings of this Survey, an opportunity clearly exists for companies to do more to inform their staff, their customers and the local community on how they are working to achieve their goals in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Regular communication on where a company is making a difference, impacting positively and striving for continuous improvement is relevant to the Irish public and if properly conveyed, is likely to be a source of considerable competitive advantage.
Click here to download the full report.