The Schools’ Business Partnership is recruiting!
Jul 23, 2012
Monday 23rd July 2012
Part-Time Regional Coordinator
Kildare/Laois/Offaly – 1 day per week
Business in the Community Ireland, is seeking to appoint a part-time Regional Coordinator to its Schools’ Business Partnership Programme. The role of the coordinator is to oversee and manage the programme in K/L/O region and the position is working from home.
The Schools’ Business Partnership aims to positively impact and address key issues in areas of educational inclusion in Ireland. It does this by matching one school with a large local business and engaging in various programmes. Marks & Spencer Ireland has been the lead sponsor of the Schools’ Business Partnership since its inception.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in the education and/or the business sector. Ideally, the candidate should be a graduate. Skills required include: administrative, organisational, facilitative and interpersonal. The candidate should possess a proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Present the Schools’ Business Partnership programmes to companies and schools;
- Recruit companies for the Schools’ Business Partnership;
- To lead and facilitate the partnerships between schools and companies in your region and provide a high standard of support service to ensure that each partnership has programmes of the highest quality;
- Facilitate schools and companies in planning an annual programme;
- Liaise with school and company coordinators;
- To utilise existing resources as efficiently as possible to meet programme objectives;
- Attend company presentations in schools as appropriate;
- To contribute to the development of the delivery plan for programmes and implement accordingly;
- To prepare and implement an annual personal action & development plan;
- To assist the Programme & Assistant Managers in evaluating the programmes on an ongoing basis;
- Create and maintain programme files on company server (H Drive) for each partnership and ensure records are updated regularly;
- To manage expectations of companies and schools in your region;
- To provide a professional service to all companies and schools in line with the team’s Standards Charter;
- To effectively communicate relevant, accurate and timely information to the Programme Manager, Assistant Manager and Administrative Assistant and the SBP team as per the SBP annual communications plans;
- To use IT as a cost effective method of communication, continuously updating and improving your skills.
- To develop close links with Chamber of Commerce and other agencies to ensure effective communication and delivery of the programme;
- To contribute to establishing best practice in the work of SBP;
- To liaise with BITC staff, especially those working in your region and to be familiar with BITC programmes and events
- To be familiar with current developments in the Education sector
- To research and support new programme developments
- To effectively promote and publicise SBP through local press and/or radio
- Liaise with local Chambers of Commerce to inform them of the partnerships and business involvement.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge:
Education/ Qualification/ Knowledge
- Leaving Certificate with a minimum of 7 years experience working in a Business or Education environment, or:
Graduate with a minimum of 4 years working in a Business or Education environment;
- Broad understanding of business operations (Sales and Marketing, Finance, HR, IT);
- Knowledge of Irish business landscape.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Experience of Project Management;
- Experience of managing relationships with senior executives and delivering presentations to a high level audience;
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations/ facilitating relationships of parties in a partnership scenario.
Skills/ Personal Attributes
- Time Management
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills
Desired Qualifications and Knowledge:
- CRM Database
- Experience of acting as a Mentor
- Train the Trainer qualification/ experience of delivering training
- Literacy enhancement and or reading support for children
- Experience of programme evaluation and impact assessment
- Social media experience.
Closing date is Monday July 30th 2012.
Please send CV and covering letter to,
Business in the Community Ireland
32 Lower O’Connell Street,
You may email your application to: email@example.com
Telephone 01-874 7219 & Fax: 01-874 7637
Business in the Community Ireland is an equal opportunities employer, committed to flexible working arrangements for staff.