Job Advertisement: Training and Employment Officer- The EPIC Programme: Business in the Community Ireland
Monday August 13th 2012: An opportunity has arisen in the EPIC Programme for a specified purpose contract for a Training and Employment Officer starting on September 2012 and based in Dublin City Centre.
The Training and Employment Officer will assist clients accessing the EPIC Programme by
- Assessing the employment training needs of individual clients.
- Developing an individualised and realistic career path plan with the aim of facilitating clients to secure a job
- Proactively search for Employment and Training opportunities
- Liaise with existing training programs in a variety of settings to provide progression placements for candidates in the community
- Identify appropriate employers/training agencies to provide placements
- Provide post placement support to clients in placed jobs
- Develop employer networks and identify placement/voluntary opportunities
- Provide timely and comprehensive management information, statistics and reports
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify requirements and follow them through from initiation to completion
- Energetic and takes the initiative
- Great interpersonal skills
- Networking, Influencing and negotiation skills
- A thorough understanding of migrant issues surrounding unemployment
- One or more years’ experience working with migrants or other vulnerable groups
- Diploma or Higher in Adult Guidance and Counselling
If interested in this challenging and dynamic position, we would like to hear from you. Applicants should be legally entitled to work in the EU.
For further information please contact Anita Reynolds on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 874 3819.
Applicants should submit their CV and an introductory note stating their motivations for applying to this position by email to email@example.com no later than 2.00pm on Friday August 24th. Interviews for this position will take place on August 30th for an immediate start.
Business in the Community Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff.