Workshop: Biodiversity Learning Network
Apr 25, 2017
VENUE: The Boardroom, Business in the Community, 32 Lower O’Connell St, Dublin 1
TIME: 10.00 am-12.30pm
Calling all biodiversity-friendly businesses!
Over the last two years, we have been promoting biodiversity to our members and encouraging you to get involved through the Biodiversity Framework and the various workshops and events we’ve run.
Now, we’re stepping up a gear and calling on the businesses that are ready to begin their biodiversity journey, as well as those who have already started, to join a ‘Learning Network’ that will provide you with practical skills, useful information, connections with environmental NGOs and organisations, and the opportunity to share experiences with peers.
The theme for the first Learning Network meeting is Biodiversity, Wellbeing and Employee Engagement. It will feature:
- A presentation on the health and wellbeing benefits of biodiversity from BITCI’s Business & Biodiversity Consultant Hannah Hamilton,
- A practical Train the Trainer session on wildflower seed planting (so prepare to get your hands dirty!),
- A presentation on how businesses can engage with Birdwatch Ireland from Brian Caffrey, and
- A group discussion on the opportunities, challenges and potential solutions for taking action on biodiversity.
As this is a practical event, places are limited – so please register early.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact Hannah Hamilton (email@example.com) or Elaine Stephen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Coffee and networking
- Welcome (Elaine Stephen, BITCI)
- Biodiversity, Wellbeing and Employee Engagement (Hannah Hamilton, Business & Biodiversity Consultant)
- Practical On The Roof: Learn about sowing wild flowers in pots, gardens and meadows, and how to choose the right seeds for your project. You’ll plant your own wildflower pot that you can take back to your office and watch it grow over the summer (with support from Dr Laura Russo, wild flower expert at TCD)
- How Businesses Can Work With Birdwatch Ireland (Brian Caffrey, Birdwatch Ireland)
- Group Discussion: What are the opportunities and challenges of implementing biodiversity projects in your business? What are the potential solutions? How can BITCI support you?
- Sum up and Next Steps (Hannah Hamilton)