The theme for the second Learning Network meeting is:Communications: how can companies raise awareness of biodiversity among employees and in communities?
How can companies raise awareness of biodiversity among employees and in communities? How can we identify and engage the passionate individuals within our own organisations? How can we support internal dialogue between departments for collaboration on biodiversity initiatives?
We will also take a closer look at trees and learn about our native species and orchards, how and when to plant them, and take a nature walk around Intel’s arboretum at Blakestown House.
The meeting will feature:
• A presentation on Communications and the Biodiversity Framework for Business from BITCI’s Business & Biodiversity Consultant Hannah Hamilton
• A Nature Walk around Intel’s arboretum at Blakestown House
• A presentation by Intel on how they integrated biodiversity into Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001), planted a wildflower meadow on-site and developed a Biodiversity Report
• Further case studies showing how businesses have integrated biodiversity into their CSR agendas
• Presentations from environmental NGOs GIY and Woodlands of Ireland
• A group discussion on how companies are creating biodiversity awareness within their workforce and communities
Please RSVP immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions or would like more information, contact Hannah Hamilton email@example.com and Nick Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org