Time to Read Regional Coordinator
Uncategorized - Jul 02, 2014
The Schools’ Business Partnership aims to positively impact and address key issues in areas of educational inclusion in Ireland. It does this by matching schools with large local businesses and engaging in various programmes. Marks & Spencer Ireland has been the lead sponsor of the Schools’ Business Partnership since its inception.
Job Title: Time to Read Regional Coordinator
Job Purpose: To manage the Time to Read programme between primary schools and their partnering companies engaged in the Schools’ Business Partnership in the Dublin area
Reporting to: Schools Business Partnership Manager
Direct Reports: None
Travel/ Driving License Required: Yes
Contract: 1 year Fixed Term Contract – 1 day per week
Present the Time to Read programmes to companies and schools Recruit companies for the Schools’ Business Partnership;
To lead and facilitate the partnerships between schools and companies in the region and provide a high standard of support service to ensure that each partnership is of the highest quality;
Oversee the administration of the programme and all its operations
Train volunteers to prepare them to participate in Time to Read
Facilitate schools and companies in planning the annual programme and all its elements/sessions;
Liaise with school and company coordinators and the school principal;
- To utilise existing resources as efficiently as possible to meet programme objectives;
- Organise & attend the feedback sessions and library visits
- Support the business in planning the workplace visit
- Oversee the evaluation process and ensure schools and companies complete the evaluations in a timely fashion
- To contribute to the development of the delivery plan for programmes and implement accordingly;
- To prepare and implement an annual personal action & development plan;
- To assist the Programme Coordinator and SBP Manager in evaluating the programme on an ongoing basis;
- To feed back the evaluation outcomes to companies and schools in the region with a view to ongoing development in each link.
- Create and maintain regional files on company server (H Drive) for each partnership and ensure records are updated regularly; to maintain the STARS system up to date at all times to ensure accurate and timely information and communications.
- To manage expectations of companies and schools in your region;
- To provide a professional service to all companies and schools in line with the team’s Standards Charter;
- To effectively communicate relevant, accurate and timely information to the Programme Manager, Time to Read Programme Coordinator, Administrative Assistants and the SBP team as per the SBP annual communications plans;
- To use IT as a cost effective method of communication, continuously updating and improving your skills.
- To promote all programmes to all participants to ensure growth and expansion of initiative;
- To contribute to establishing best practice in the work of SBP;
- To liaise with BITC staff, especially those working in your region and to be familiar with BITC programmes and events
- To be familiar with current developments in the Education sector
- To research and support new programme developments
- To effectively promote and publicise SBP through local press and/or radio
- To actively contribute to a healthy, safe, secure and productive working environment
- To actively promote equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practice, diversity, individual rights and choice in all aspects of your work.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge:
Education/ Qualification/ Knowledge
- Leaving Certificate with a minimum of 7 years experience working in a Business or Education environment, or:
Graduate with a minimum of 4 years working in a Business or Education environment;
- Broad understanding of business operations (Sales and Marketing, Finance, HR, IT);
- Knowledge of Irish business landscape.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Experience of Project Management;
- Experience of managing relationships with senior executives and delivering presentations to a high level audience;
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations/ facilitating relationships of parties in a partnership scenario.
Skills/ Personal Attributes
- Time Management
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills
Desired Qualifications and Knowledge:
- CRM Database
- Train the Trainer qualification/ experience of delivering training
- Literacy enhancement and or reading support for children
- Experience of programme evaluation and impact assessment
- Social media experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your cv and cover letter via email to Estelle Curry firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th July@ 5pm.
Business in the Community Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff.
Business in the Community Ireland has a policy of interviewing candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.