Upcoming Event: 16th August – Green Team Capacity Building Seminar
The course will be delivered by Gavin Harte Corporate Responsibility Consultant – Environment & Sustainability with BITCI. The seminar will cover the following areas:
Green Teams are Important
- Why business as usual is no longer an option
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Climate Chang
- Energy Security (Exercise)
What are Green Teams?
- Bottom Up or Top Down?
- Structural position within the company
- Who are your Green Team?
Scope of a Green Team
- What is the team’s scale, scope and role?
- What aspects are important?
- How is the team resourced?
- Is there a cross-business function?
How do Green teams operate and evolve?
- Introduction to Environmental Management Systems
- Devolved or centrally managed process?
- Usual suspects or attracting “new” people
- Does the Green Team fit with overall business strategy (some examples of best practice)
- What are the main challenges and opportunities for Green Teams
- Communicating results
- Can Green Team benefits be brought home?
For: Any member company employee who is on, or would like to join, a CR committee or steering group or who has a general interest in responsible and sustainable business and would like to know more.
If you would like to attend, please email Gavin at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
Location: Deloitte, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Date: 16 August 2012
Start Time: 09:30
End Time: 13:00