With over 60 staff around the country, we are always looking for the most talented people to join our team.
Our employees are drawn from all areas of business, CSR careers and the non-profit sector and we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. According to our most recent staff survey, 97% of staff would recommend the organisation as a good employer. We have also been awarded the Excellence Through People standard every year and consistently score high in all categories.This year we scored 94%, the highest score to date.
Current Vacancy: Corporate Responsibility Adviser
1 year fixed term contract with a view to permanency contingent on business growth
Initially 28 hours a week with potential to increase to up to 35 hours a week
Based in Cork, working from home with travel required
Full drivers licence and car are required
Business in the Community Ireland (BITCI) is a movement of companies with the following principles:
- Responsible and sustainable business practice is an integral part of business excellence and will shape how business behaves
- For Ireland to remain prosperous and competitive, business needs to continually improve its positive impact on the workplace, marketplace, community and the environment
- Business competitiveness requires and is underpinned by a cohesive and inclusive society
We are looking for a professional who believes and understands these principles and the business case underlying corporate responsibility and sustainability practice.
Reporting to the Manager of the Membership Services Team, and working as part of this team, the person will be responsible for delivery of the network strategy for Cork County and across the wider Munster region. Responsibilities include:
- Assess new and existing business growth opportunities for the network
- Targeting markets, identify and develop new business relationships with potential members and key stakeholders
- Recruit companies to join the network across our three membership streams
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts as the main contact person interacting with senior staff and practitioners, across all the membership streams and help drive a process of continuous improvement and business change
- Deliver membership advisory services on a one-to-one basis across a range of corporate responsibility and business sustainability issues
- Deliver the network services in regard to the Business Working Responsibly Mark, a certified standard on CR based on ISO 26000
- Design and deliver strategic projects with network members and various stakeholders
- Manage the successful delivery of network services in the region including expert seminars/ workshops and ongoing working group meetings with different stakeholders
- Represent the organisation externally through speaking, writing articles, government meetings/submissions and media engagement
- Design and deliver training workshops on corporate responsibility and sustainability suitable for senior business leaders from large and medium sized business
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced person to join our team.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in business/management, or sustainable development, and ideally with a postgraduate specialisation in corporate responsibility, sustainability or related area
- Minimum of five years’ experience of working with business or business development/support organisations, ideally in a corporate responsibility or sustainability function of a business
- Extensive project management experience
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Knowledge of corporate responsibility and sustainability as applied in large businesses
- Experience in account management and client relationship management in a consulting role
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, research and writing skills
- Knowledge of Irish business and a keen interest in economic, social or environmental development issues
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a small dynamic team with multiple tasks and deadlines
- Client-driven attitude and professional demeanour
- Experience in corporate responsibility/sustainability reporting and communications including application of the GRI guidelines or other relevant standards
- Experience of applying best practice standards including relevant ISO standards for business
- Knowledge of sustainable procurement principles and best practice
- Experience in event management
If interested in this challenging and dynamic position, we would like to hear from you. Applicants should be legally entitled to work in the EU.
Applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter stating their motivations for applying to this position by email to email@example.com no later than COB on Monday 10th October 2016. Initial interviews for this position will take place on Friday 14th October.
Business in the Community Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff.